We are currently seeking an experienced English/Spanish, Bilingual Proofreader. In this position, you will be responsible for accurately proofreading marketing campaigns in English and Spanish. This position requires a candidate who is equally proficient and knowledgeable of English and Spanish languages including grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage.
The ideal candidate should be fluent in written and verbal Spanish with experience in Hispanic, multi-cultural marketing. You will have meticulous attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proofread advertising and marketing collateral content for accuracy, spelling, grammar, punctuation and consistency
- Reference style guides for proper branding and messaging
- Provide quality assurance checks, utilizing reference materials to verify accuracy of information
- Review copy to ensure it preserves the essence of each idea/message in each language
- Verify all legal and variable information is present and correct, including codes, phone numbers, offers, pricing, offer disclaimers and expiration dates
- Bachelor’s degree, BA in Spanish language preferred or a related discipline
- 5+ years of professional proofreading experience, with proofreading variable content from print, PDF, content-based grids, matrix tables and data tables
- Fluency in English and Spanish, with experience in Hispanic marketing/advertising
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently within strict production schedule deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style guide and experience using professional proofreader marks
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our team. To apply for the Bilingual Proofreader position, please submit your resume and a cover letter. This is a full-time position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Background check. E-Verify.