Responsible for the accurate, timely analysis of production jobs and preparation of billing information in accordance with pricing guidelines established for each client and job.
A Billing Specialist performs many accounting, customer service and organizational tasks to promote the financial health of the organization. These duties and responsibilities include:
- Analyze and audit job contents and costs by verifying accuracy of data against SOWs, print quotes and purchase orders, revise any errors
- Prepare and maintain records related to billing such as invoices and other support documents
- Contact and communicate with appropriate parties to clarify billing questions, to obtain or relay account information, or answer any questions from clients, account managers, sales, etc. relating to the job.
- Collaborating with clients, third party institutions and other team members to ensure billing information is current and accurate and resolve billing inconsistencies and errors
- Creating invoices and billing materials to be sent directly to internal and external clients
- Ensuring amounts due for job and services rendered are accurate in current systems
- Informing clients of any missed or upcoming payment deadlines
- Calculating and tracking various company financial statements
- Analyze and convey potential process improvements to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and support documentation to clients
- Keep track of accounts receivable and transactions
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or vocational school training preferred.
- Knowledge of MAS/Sage200 software preferred not required.
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.