Folder/Cutter Operator is responsible for Operating folding equipment, maintaining quality standards, troubleshooting machine issues, performing folder/cutter maintenance tasks, and ensuring efficient production on their assigned machine. The ideal candidate will play a vital role in the creation of finished printed products by ensuring that printed materials are accurately cut and folded according to job specifications.
- Set up and operate cutting and folding machines, such as MBO folding machines or other bindery equipment
- Configure machines based on job specifications, including size, type of fold, and quantity.
- Monitor the operation of the equipment to ensure the quality and accuracy of cut and fold processes
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to the machines as needed to maintain production efficiency and product quality
- Responsible for layout and setup of cutter sequences and programming sequences into computer to efficiently separate the job into
- Change knives and lubricate as needed as recommended by
- Inspect materials before and after the cutting and folding process to ensure they meet quality standards
- Maintain accurate records of production data and any issues encountered during the process
- Adhere to safety guidelines and procedures to ensure a safe
- Must be capable of reading and understanding job instructions for each aspect of any given job process for this particular machine
- Must have knowledge of paper stocks and how they react to folding processes and determine when scoring is necessary
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and quality control personnel to resolve any production issues
- Other duties as assigned including cleaning the workplace area
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in Bindery or equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Ability to read and evaluate job tickets and templates (layout)
- Knowledge of bindery finishing in the printing industry
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Adherence to safety and quality standards
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift and move materials as necessary
- Attention to details and the ability to work in a fast- paced
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your talents and experiences will enhance our team. To apply for the Bindery Folder and Cutter Operator position, please submit your resume and cover letter. This is a full-time position. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.
Wilen offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision), paid holiday, paid time off (PTO), 401(k), and many other.