Wilen Florida: An all-inclusive print resource for direct marketers/mailers. Our state-of-the art facility in Florida handles a diverse roster of print projects and products. This fast-paced printing company is currently seeking an experienced full-time Cutter and Folder Operator(s) to join our team.
The ideal candidate(s) for this position will have Printing/Bindery experience, along with a minimum of 2 years Bindery Stitcher Operator experience.
- Capable of assimilating job instructions for all aspects of any given format/process for Bindery stitchers, Including digital stitchers
- Fine adjustments to obtain target size, trim, stitch placement, signature pagination, and signature pocket setup. All necessary set up and operation knowledge of equipment to create the final product as well as any additional processes and equipment associated with each job, such as tabbing, mailing, etc. as defined in each work order
- Responsible for job entry into Shop Floor reporting program.
- Duties include all support processes necessary to create final product, cartons, labels, etc.
- Replenishes product materials to machine as needed. Labels completed cartons/skids for destination. Works with Utility position to document and pull finished product for staging. Utility person to deliver completed skids to warehouse.
- Other assigned duties not listed on this document, will be expected from time to time, including working/training in other departments
- This position will require standing and walking for long hours and a good measure of bending and lifting.
- Performs daily lubrication, regularly scheduled maintenance, knife changes and repairs. Mechanical aptitude a must
- Keeps the area around each machine clean for a safe work environment.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in bindery or equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Ability to read and evaluate job tickets
- Ability to utilize advanced computer software applications including word processing, and project management programs.
- Knowledge of bindery finishing in the printing industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.