We are seeking a Contract Specialist to join our Legal team and support the business with general legal counsel and contract management. The Contract Specialist will be responsible for the review, negotiation and management of client and vendor contracts, including RFP, MSA and SOW, as well as vendor License Agreements and Service Level Agreements, while minimizing the company’s contractual risk and liability.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in strategy development, negotiations, contract management and administration to develop, execute and manage contracts and ensure compliance.
- Draft, review, assess, negotiate and develop, and verify accuracy of a variety of complex contracts, including but not limited to purchases, client contracts, SOW, MSA, License Agreements and other agreements
- Liaise with Legal team and management to analyze and determine comprehensive contract response strategies
- Evaluate, identify and develop alternative solutions and recommendations to internal key stakeholders in order to solve potential contractual issues
- Perform contractual risk analysis and risk mitigation
- Coordinate and oversee contract administration and contract quality assurance to include adherence to service level agreements and requirements satisfaction
- Liaise between parties regarding contract development, and negotiations regarding terms and conditions, and drafting and revising changes as required
- Monitor Contract requirements, obligations and compliance throughout contract lifecycle, including updating contract Amendments and Addendums, and ensuring all key stakeholders are advised accordingly
- Build and maintain relationships with senior leadership, team members and key stakeholders
- Maintain databases and update systems to ensure relevant documentation accompany contracts
- Maintain all legal documentation templates, standards and guidelines enterprise-wide
- Share and clarify contract processes, conditions and details with management, business partners and employees
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Juris Doctor preferred, or other advanced degree, in Business, Contract Management, Information Technology or related field required
- Advanced knowledge of contract law, terms and conditions
- Significant experience reviewing and developing major contracts, including marketing, software, services, and licensing
- Advanced knowledge evaluating and mitigating risk in contracts
- Expert skills in exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable in financial analysis and project costing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established standards
- Advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our team. To apply for the Contract Specialist position, please submit your resume and a cover letter. This is a full-time position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.