The ideal candidate(s) for this position will have Printing/Bindery experience, along with a minimum of 3 years Cutter and Folder experience.
- Pre-set side guide, fold plates, fold rollers, and any slitting blades or perforators required.
- Adjusts and sets up folder for correct pagination, panel placement, bleed limitations and panel sizes.
- Load sheets onto feeder and jog sheets into proper positions to determine final settings of units in item #2 for completion of job.
- May jog folded signatures or brochures for use in the next operation or for shipment to customer.
- Responsible for layout and setup of cutter sequences and programming sequences into computer to efficiently separate the job into individual segments.
- Change knives and lubricate as needed as recommended by manufacturer’s specifications.
- Record job information on load tags and time sheets.
- Must be capable of reading and understanding job instructions for each aspect of any given job process for this machine.
- Must have knowledge of paper stocks and how they react to folding processes and determine when scoring is necessary.
- Maintains the machine daily as to lubrication, dust filter cleaning and keeps the area around each machine clean for a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned including cleaning the workplace area.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in bindery or equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Knowledge of bindery finishing in the printing industry.
- Physical requirements include long term standing, frequent bending and medium to heavy lifting up to 50LBS.
- Need to have basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Shift: Must be flexible (days and nights)
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.