Wilen Florida is looking for an Assistant Mechanic/Tech with strong work ethic responsible attitude and willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will benefit from a highly experienced Master Diesel Mechanic with over 30 years of varied experience, as well as the opportunity to advance to Supervision.
- Develop complete engine, suspension, and top to bottom rebuilding skills of all associated equipment.
- Assimilate computer diagnostic skills for Diesel trucks.
- Perform basic duties: change oil, tires, replace hoses, belts, inspect brakes.
- Diagnose associated equipment: Diesel/gas engines, Propane Forklifts, Industrial electric pallet jacks.
- Ensure all vehicles meet all OSHA safety requirements.
- hand tools to mechanics, to maintain a neat and clean shop area, and take test drives of various equipment before returning units back into service.
- Other duties as assigned by Management not listed above.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude.
- Basic tool set: standard, metric, wrench and sockets sets, along with basic test equipment DVOM with ammeter.
- Clean driving record as sometimes repairs must be done in the field
- Requires basic experience and knowledge repairing engines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, orally and written.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits ranging from 12 to 36 volts a plus.
- Technical trade school and/or college or similar experience a plus
- Enjoy a fast-pace environment
- Candidate must be able lift up to 60lbs, and requires lifting, bending, kneeling
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our team. To apply for the Diesel Mechanic Helper position, please submit your resume and a cover letter. This is a full-time, on-site position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.