Wilen Florida is looking for a Diesel Mechanic/Tech with strong work ethic responsible attitude and willingness to learn. The ideal candidate will benefit from a highly experienced Master Diesel Mechanic with over 30 years of varied experience, as well as the opportunity to advance to Supervision.
- Develop complete engine, suspension, and top to bottom rebuilding skills of all associated equipment.
- Assimilate computer diagnostic skills for Deisel trucks.
- Perform basic duties: change oil, tires, replace hoses, belts, inspect brakes.
- Diagnose associated equipment: Diesel/gas engines, Propane Forklifts, Industrial electric pallet jacks.
- Ensure all vehicles meet all OSHA safety requirements.
- hand tools to mechanics, to maintain a neat and clean shop area, and take test drives of various equipment before returning units back into service.
- Other duties as assigned by Management not listed above.
Physical Requirements of Position
- Candidate must be able lift up to 60lbs, and requires lifting, bending, kneeling
- Must possess mechanical aptitude.
- Basic tool set: standard, metric, wrench and sockets sets, along with basic test equipment DVOM with ammeter.
- Clean driving record as sometimes repairs must be done in the field
- Requires basic experience and knowledge repairing engines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, orally and written.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits ranging from 12 to 36 volts a plus.
- Technical trade school and/or college or similar experience a plus
- Enjoy a fast-pace environment
Drug free workplace, E-verify and background check.