Wilen Florida is seeking a Direct Mail Production Specialist with the experience and ability to support a wide variety of equipment and manufacturing processes. In this position you will review and communicate job specific requirements to all Wilen departments, collaborate on manufacturing schedules and slate and monitor material usage.
This position requires knowledge of Direct Mail best practices. The successful candidate will possess the ability to solve problems creatively by applying their fundamental understanding of industry and manufacturing technologies to the matters at hand. They will be able to work on current projects while keeping an eye on the future and any improvements that can be made.
- Production and Scheduling
- Manage and Coordinate Production with NY
- Keep open communication with NY trying to track job progress to maintain schedules.
- Call into all Kick-off meetings and weekly client update conference calls
- Plan jobs so they run efficiently based on the original estimate (should have an understanding of estimating)
- Handle all schedules with vendors when outsourcing work.
- Concept review with NY when necessary
- Formats: engineer/create formats and manage all grids/WES entries
- Handle all outside pricing requests
- Keep pricing grids organized for purchasing/estimators.
- Approve all purchase orders.
- Provide schedules for outside vendors so Receiving can schedule all deliveries.
- Oversee proofing of outside purchases with all NY account managers.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiate best-cost reduction, product quality adherence, and on-time delivery within budget.
- Research for additional suppliers to enhance availability of product as needed.
- Keep manual inventories for all cards and envelopes.
- Reconcile all inventories after jobs/monthly.
- Keep envelope/card usage grids for FL Acct to assist in costing.
- Assist with physical paper inventory at the end of each month.
- Other Duties
- MSDS documentation as required.
- Annual Report collection and grid maintenance.
- FSC/SFI Paper certification documentation and audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years direct mail experience including knowledge of Four-color variable inkjet, offline digital finishing and inserting required. Knowledge of offset printing (web & sheet-fed) inline finishing operations; litho, flexo and digital printing processes are also necessary.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to priorities work, set targets and make decisions.
- The ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure while taking initiative, with problem-solving skills.
- An elevated level of communication abilities, as the direct mail production specialist is often the link between the shop floor and management.
- An intermediate-level understanding and proficiency across all aspects of direct mail including printing, lettershop operations, and the USPS DMM.
- Pre-press and printing knowledge including variable data printing.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- EFI technique and print estimating knowledge a plus