Wilen New York is searching for a driven, bright and enthusiastic leader for our Data Strategies team. As Director of Data Strategies, you will leverage your analytical expertise, data-driven mindset and leadership skills to provide strategic guidance to our clients and oversee a team of marketing data managers.
Responsibilities include hands-on marketing data analysis and reporting with the goal of delivering actionable insights, dashboards and visualizations. You’ll leverage your subject matter expertise and experience as a marketing data analyst to inform strategies and drive results for some of the largest and most well-known brands in the country.
You’ll own the operations of the Data Strategies department and lead a team of marketing data managers and processors whose responsibilities include client-data transfers, audits, hygiene and other production tasks. You’ll be encouraged to implement new methodologies and processes to improve the efficiency of execution while maintaining a high standard of quality.
The ideal candidate must be a critical thinker, a detailed planner and have prior supervisory experience
in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Lead strategic planning and establish the data framework for campaign execution in collaboration with internal teams, fostering creative innovation that delivers on our clients’ business goals
- Evaluate the data-workflow process, and develop and implement procedures and automation methodologies to improve productivity and efficiency
- Manage direct reports, and advise on the creation and execution of data orders to our data services team in support of production deliverables
- Manage client relationships in collaboration with Account Management, defining analytical needs, and driving the identification, evaluation and recommendation of new strategic ideas through execution
- Collaborate with data providers to maximize campaign performance for the client and go beyond what is currently achievable
- 7+ years of experience in marketing analytics or strategy as an analyst
- 3+ years of management experience
- BA/BS degree required, MS preferred
- Must be familiar with relevant analytic methodologies applicable to marketing effectiveness, e.g., A/B testing, attribution, quantitative reporting
- Proficient in at least one programming language used for data analysis (R, SQL, Python, etc.)
- Ability to influence and gain support from your team and client stakeholders through effective written and verbal communication and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interpret data and transform them into insights that answer often unstructured business questions
- Expert-level proficiency in MS Office
- Travel is required – up to 15%
This is a full-time, on-site position.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.