The Inkjet Operator is responsible for setting up and operating equipment that prints address, barcode and other information. The expanded list of responsibilities and requirements are listed below.
- Set up inkjet equipment at the beginning of each job according to specifications provided on the job ticket
- Operate the equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and make adjustments as required to return output to the proper specification
- If multiple employees are required to run a particular job on a particular piece of equipment, direct and supervise the work of those employees
- Communicate status of in-process jobs to managers and co-workers
- Accurately track time on each job if requested
- Update and sign-off on job tickets at the conclusion of each job
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse
- Inkjet operation and set up experience is required; however, will consider candidates with general machine tool operation and set up experience if other skill and education requirements are met
- Kirk Rudy wave jet experience preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with finishing (coater/cutter/folder) and/or inserting equipment is desirable, but not required
- Direct mail experience or knowledge of USPS regulations would be a significant plus
- The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and interested in being groomed for supervisory experience
- Physical requirements include long-term standing, frequent bending and medium-to-heavy lifting up to 40 pounds
- Must be flexible (days and nights)
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.
This is a safety-sensitive position.