Wilen Florida is looking for an IT Help Desk Support Technician to provide daily support functions within our Information Technology Department. This position is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, networks and servers, equipment, and software. The IT Help Desk Support Technician will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
If you are client-oriented, provide exceptional service, great at trouble shooting with the proven ability to communicate effectively, and manage changing priorities with ease in a fast-paced environment, then we would like to speak with you!
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to desktop computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Investigate, prioritize, and timely resolve requests for assistance from all users and maintain log of service calls, client requests, and their dispositions.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and repair PC and MAC workstations, mobile devices, and related equipment.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of network hardware and cabling as required.
- Train computer users and develop training materials.
- Ensure optimal performance of desktop computer systems.
- Work with vendor support and run diagnostic programs as appropriate to resolve technical problems, and coordinate with staff regarding persistent problems.
- Maintain your knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
- Contribute to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices, as well as choosing key technologies to support the business.
- BS/BA Degree OR Minimum Associates Degree and related certification or work experience
- 2-3 years’ experience supporting Windows and Mac desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- Proficient in basic system administration tools and concepts
- Knowledge of mainstream Microsoft desktop applications on PC and MAC platforms
- A+ and Microsoft Certifications, a plus
- Must be able to move and lift common office equipment such as monitors, desktops, and other computer hardware
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.