Wilen is driven by industry-leading agency services and cutting-edge direct mail production. We provide strategic direct marketing solutions for national brands, leveraging innovative variable data technology, to turn concepts into finished digital and physical products, all in one seamless process.
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of SQL Server, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- SQL database development including SQL queries, stored procedures and functions
- Data Modeling: Designing and maintaining the database schema using tools like Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD) or Data Definition Language (DDL) scripts
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load): Developing ETL processes to extract data from various sources, transform it, and load it into the database
- Reporting: Creating and maintaining reports and dashboards using tools like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Power BI
- Integration: Integrating SQL Server with other systems and applications using various technologies, such as Linked Servers or Web APIs
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Must have 8+ years MS SQL Server Administration and Development experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We’d love to hear your story and learn how your talents and experiences will enhance our team. You can find out more about us at wilengroup.com. To apply for the MS SQL Database Administrator position, please submit your resume. This is a full-time position. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.
Wilen offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision), paid holiday, paid time off (PTO), 401(k), and many others.