Responsible for managing the facility pressroom which includes the ink jet webs, the KM1 cell (press, butter, folder and die cutter), any future printing equipment. This position is responsible for leading by setting high expectations regarding quality, productivity, safety, and work environment. This person is a coach, teacher, mentor, counselor providing guidance in developing and maintaining standards of excellence.
- Training & development of print operations team to ensure clear understanding of workflow, quality procedures and standards, efficient at operating and maintaining the equipment, safety procedures
- Responsible for the production schedule of the press operations department. This will include managing the crewing requirements to ensure coverage during PTO, securing temp staffing, etc.
- Responsible for the quality of all work produced include Client samples
- Follow all safety guidelines and procedures. Maintain clean and safe work areas
- Ensure that production job details, paper, and other require information is disseminated completely and in a timely manner to the print operations team.Work with team to perform routine maintenance as required on all related equipment
- Ensure equipment is operating in efficiently and meeting our production standards.
- Establish and maintain productive employee relations and teamwork
- Regular daily monitor existing jobs to ensure quality standards are being met. Take corrective action when needed
- Must be available to the press operations team when needed to resolve all issues that arise in the course of work
- Must be rigorous in following up on all work matters: ensuring team is compliant with workflow, quality, other related procedures, safety and health, and teamwork
- Additional work as assigned
- High School Diploma/College
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience
- 7 years’ experience in press operations with increasing responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of project management; ability to prepare and monitor project schedules
- Ability to interpret research and apply regulatory material such as manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.