This position is 100% fully remote.
The primary function of the Financial Report Writer/System Analyst is to assist in the planning, designing, development, automation and maintenance of critical internal business reports as well as client reports.
This position demands expert knowledge in database systems, query languages and reporting tools. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of data mining and report writing within an SQL development environment and SSRS reporting platform. In addition, this position requires working with large and complex relational data sets and the ability to write complex and efficient SQL queries to extract data.
- Collaborate with a variety of key stakeholders to understand reporting needs and create and maintain SQL, SSRS, and some Crystal based reports according to management and client requirements
- Support the accounting and finance department’s reporting and analytics needs
- Build customized reports to extract and aggregate data from various available data sources into digestible and actionable formats based on reporting requirements
- Collect, review and analyze data and information as needed to support assigned projects
- Create, modify and optimize complex queries and reports (including graphical data presentations) to accommodate user requirements
- Present data and insights to end users and management as requested
- Adequately test SQL, logic and report designs, and validate data to ensure accuracy
- Create documentation of data collections, reports, and applications
- Maintain proficiency by taking part in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, attending conferences, and participating in professional organization events
- Manage the report life cycle with security in mind, and address security concerns
- Provide end user support and training
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Business or related field, with an advanced business degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working with and designing reports out of Accounting and/or Finance systems; experience in SAGE accounting software and reporting a big plus
- At least 5 years advanced SQL and SSRS experience in a Microsoft environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (use of VLOOKUP and pivot tables)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accounting and print manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Strong critical thinking skills, project management, and documentation abilities
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.