Technician will respond to operator calls to troubleshoot and diagnose mailroom inserters and associated equipment. This position requires knowledge working with HMI controller when troubleshooting and/or normal production of the machine. Position is responsible for repairs, rebuilds, and general upkeep of mailing equipment, Rotary feeders, and flappers. Candidate will perform cycle preventive maintenance as scheduled by the mailroom manager to assure peak performance on all mailroom machines.
- Shadow the technician and assist in daily responsibility
- Responds to calls when operators’ machines go down or when they’re having issues they cannot resolve
- Assist the technicians in the daily up keep of all production equipment on the shop floor.
- Ability to changeover and setup production machines to run any application require by specific jobs
- Assist the technicians with the preventive maintenance process on all mailroom equipment when scheduled by the mailroom manager
- Ability to setup and read 2D barcodes for match mailing or direct scanning applications
- Learn how to troubleshoot and diagnose all mailing equipment. And follow all safety guidelines and company procedures
- Ability to learn and interpret error messages on a computer interface to diagnose problems
- Other duties and cross training as assigned
- GED / High School Diploma
- Technical trade school and/or college or similar experience a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Must possess mechanical aptitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.