We set out to build a state-of-the-art facility specifically equipped to create relevant, impactful personalized direct mail packages at scale. With industry-leading printing technology companies coupled with our own innovations, Wilen is globally recognized as a top producer of variable direct mail. If you are open for opportunity and can deliver our innovative ideas, we are looking for a variable data programmer (VDP) candidate like you.
This is a full-time, on-site position. Under the direction of the Director of VDP and Print Production, we are looking for a programmer to help us develop and maintain VDP programming standards by following Wilen production and quality standards.
Shift: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Execute complex VDP projects using GMC/Quadient Inspire with a focus on imposition.
- Program and generate print/data streams including, PDF, IJP, CSV, XJET, QPR & PJZ files.
- Participation in the identification and documentation of VDP standards and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Attention to detail and diligence.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills to stay ahead in a rapid and deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of web printing/print, direct mail and postal regulations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Windows PowerShell) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is preferred.
- Experience with one of the industry standard print production tools is preferred (e.g. GMC/Quadient Inspire, Fusion Pro, XMPie, OpenText Exstream).
- Any familiarity with object-oriented programming (e.g. Java, C++).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Some experience in the graphic arts field is preferred.
- Documented training and certification in variable data printing software systems is preferred.
- Minimum two years printing and/or direct mail experience.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in database analysis, or equivalent combination of related training and experience.
Our benefits package includes: Medical, dental, vision, 401K and paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.