We are looking for a Press Operator to perform web press operator tasks related to the set up, maintenance, and operations of the Press as well as all associated equipment. Responsible for crew safety, performance and training. Responsible for Press performance and job finishing/converting inline on all assigned equipment. This position also develops operational knowledge of the Press crew on Press and all its associated equipment.
- Supervise overall operation of Press equipment and crew
- Ensure all crew members are properly trained in all safety procedures and Press set up
- Ensure all crew members are educated in safe handling of chemicals and all hazardous materials
- Ensure all crew members completely understand and adhere to all lock out and tag out safety procedures
- Supervise crew for makeready set up, as well as operation of Press and all associated equipment
- Ensure all materials are correct for each job
- Report all job data into the computer reporting, including material use, production numbers, Press break down and repairs
- Work directly with Maintenance to ensure the Press and associated equipment are in perfect working order
- Perform maintenance on Press, set up and follow a maintenance schedule for rollers, lubrication, belts, drive lines, unit oils, gear box oils and regular cylinder checks
- Responsible for color match, registration and overall quality for each job
- Responsible for all direct mail data, online inkjet set up and makeready
- Work with all relevant departments for each job, ensure absolute correctness
- Document all equipment breakdown and solutions, report timely to shift Foreman
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand, bend and stoop for up to 12 hours
- M110; Baker G14; Prosper S/10; Prosper web press; a plus
- Specialty Web Press inline finishing converting; (plow inline) Hybrid Digital 4-color inkjet; maintain personalized products for correctness
- This position requires highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic and the will to learn
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.
This is a safety-sensitive position.