Responsibilities include preparing files for print (RIP process), reviewing proofs to final product samples, set up Press including finishing line based on job specifications, maintain equipment and perform maintenance on the finishing line equipment.
- Operation of digital press and finishing equipment, in accordance with manufacturer’s operating procedures
- Master company workflow and execute training for all crew members
- Set up Press roll to roll or inline finishing to produce complete customized jobs
- Ensure all jobs are produced in accordance with the quality standards and are completed in a timely manner meeting or surpassing scheduled deadline, and waste allocation
- Perform all digital press operator functions as noted on the work order (job ticket)
- Ensure Press crew is properly trained and working efficiently in setting up and operating the Press
- Responsible for safety requirements of all assigned equipment and its crew members
- Assist with job packaging as needed, coordinate with all relevant manufacturing departments to ensure proper packing of all formats going to other departments. This includes pallet tags and other necessary identifications
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities a must
- Strong mechanical aptitude; maintenance and repair functions on assigned equipment
- Must be willing to cross-train on other equipment in all manufacturing departments
- Organize and maintain equipment and work area while following maintenance and safety procedures
- Work with team and perform all troubleshooting procedures on the Press
- Monitor inventory of supplies needed for assigned Press and its associated equipment
- Document and list all equipment problems (even minor) timely
- Document all downtime and solutions and present to manager daily
- Other duties, and cross training as assigned
- GED / High School diploma
- Firm understanding of the digital printing process and best practices
- Experience working with digital files; RIP process
- Prosper web press experience a plus; reading press manual entirely, required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of copier functions, bindery processes, and related manufacturing departments
- Able to work a 12-hour shift
- Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.
This is a safety-sensitive position.