We have immediate openings for a Digital Press Operator. Responsibilities include preparing files for print (RIP process), reviewing proofs to final product samples, as well as operation and maintenance on the equipment.
- Operate the digital press in accordance with manufacturers operating procedures
- Operate digital press and convert inline on inline finishing system to produce complete customized jobs
- Ensure all jobs are produced in a timely manner meeting schedule deadline
- Perform all digital press operator functions as noted on the work order
- Responsible for safety requirements of all assigned equipment
- Operate all relevant finishing equipment as needed to complete the work order
- Assist with job packaging as needed, coordinate with all relevant manufacturing departments to ensure proper packing of all formats going to other departments
- Problem solving and troubleshooting customer files for production
- Strong mechanical aptitude to perform maintenance functions on assigned equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Equipment and Supplies
- Organize and maintain equipment and work area while following maintenance and safety procedures
- Work with team and perform all troubleshooting procedures on the digital presses
- Monitor inventory of supplies needed for assigned Press
- Inform supervisor of equipment problems timely; document all downtime and solutions
- GED / High School diploma
- Firm understanding of the digital printing process and best practices
- Experience working with digital files; RIP process
- Prosper web press experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of copier functions and bindery processes
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.