We have immediate openings for Roll Tender. The responsibility of the Roll Tender is to keep rolls of paper supplied to the press, monitor ink and water, and operator/maintain imprinters. Assist press crew in the operation and maintenance of press equipment and manufacturing area.
- Maintain all Press units maintenance including change out of bad rollers, replace bearings, fill oils daily as needed, lub all grease points once a week (follow grease point map)
- Feed the Press with all necessary materials.
- Maintain Press water system, mix chemistry of fountain solution, check conductivity and Ph every hour and report it to the Press Operator
- Complete all paperwork pertaining to rolls of paper for each job
- Maintain paper usage log for each job
- General cleanup around Press area front and rear
- Ensure paper is correct for each job and confirm with Press Operator
- Prepare rolls of paper for Press run, ensure no nicks of water damage
- Setup splices
- Record all material usage and report through the computer log system
- Mix ink, reduce inks, mix PMS colors
- Assist Joggers in installation of Plates and Blankets
- Replace bad rollers and set to OEM spec/ Replace bad bearings to OEM spec
- Train in the Second Pressman position with any available time
- Assist in training of the Joggers/Helpers
- High school diploma or equivalent and ability to read and write basic English; trade school a plus
- 1-2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous participation on a safety team and/or other safety training a plus
- Ability to see and clearly identify all aspects of the color spectrum
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts and 5-7 days per week including holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.