This is a full-time, on-site position. Under the direction of the Director of VDP and Print Production, we are looking for a programmer to help us develop and maintain VDP programming standards by following Wilen production and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute complex VDP projects using GMC/Quadient Inspire with a focus on imposition.
- Program and generate print/data streams including, PDF, IJP, CSV, XJET, QPR & PJZ files.
- Participation in the identification and documentation of VDP standards and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Attention to detail and diligence.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills to stay ahead in a rapid and deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of web printing/print, direct mail and postal regulations is preferred.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Windows PowerShell) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is preferred.
- Experience with one of the industry standard print production tools is preferred (e.g. GMC/Quadient Inspire, Fusion Pro, XMPie, OpenText Exstream).
- Any familiarity with object-oriented programming (e.g. Java, C++).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Some experience in the graphic arts field is preferred.
- Documented training and certification in variable data printing software systems is preferred.
- Minimum two years printing and/or direct mail experience.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in database analysis, or equivalent combination of related training and experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. E-Verify.